ProximityCast.com

Friday, January 4, 2008

A Day's Work ~entry #2


I've opened an account with treklens to try and create some visibility for ProximityCast among photographers around the world. "TTT" Things Take Time. Many Americans like their cake and want to eat it too. Usually today is not soon enough, yesterday would have been just fine. So, patience is the order of the day. This quote: "It takes years to make an overnight success." was made by a U.S. entertainer: Eddie Cantor(1892-1964) I think it may apply for some businesses too. Time will tell if it was time well spent... My submission to treklens was for today was an image of a Dutch Bros. Coffee franchise in Monmouth, OR. Participating in sites like this take time, as does doing this blog so hopefully if I sow, so shall I reap, and it will all be time well spent.

I'll start coding after I complete my blog entry and deal with some e-mail. I'm working on an improved coordinate input method and pages that validate. You can try it here: new2u If you use Internet Explorer the castNet page has problems even though it validates. I'll probably try to resolve that issue before making it the active solution. On my faq page you can find a link to download Mozilla's FireFox. It is currently my browser of choice, and so far I've been very satisfied with it.

Anyhow here is a peek at what is on the horizon:

In the OLD you had to select your hemisphere by clicking one of the four corners. This could also be set in preferences if you are primarily always in the same corner of the world. Then you had to tab between Degrees, Minutes, Seconds, and Latitude and Longitude. With the NEW you can simply write your whole coordinate, Latitude and Longitude, with appropriate hemisphere indicators in one text box. It is quicker and easier once you understand the nuances. I'll probably create an educational page for those who need it once I make this the primary method of coordinate input.

I also plan on adding Geocoding capability for those who don't yet know or have access to their Latitude and Longitude, but once people are thoroughly acquainted with Latitude and Longitude I'd bet street addresses will become obsolete.
Well, nuff said for entry #2. Time to see if the coding fires are hot.
ciao my friends!

No comments: