ProximityCast.com

Friday, March 19, 2010

Aiming for the "B" Quadrant ~ Rich Dad/Poor Dad

In Robert Kiyosaki's book he describes the four quadrants income can come from. E/S/B/I...
Rich Dad Poor Dad
ProximityCast is currently in the "H" quadrant. The "H" quadrant doesn't produce any income and it is called a Hobby. Even though it is only a Hobby at this point in time being developed on a bootstrapper's budget, I have my sights on the "B" quadrant.
I have been in the "E" quadrant all of my working life. This is the employee where you derive your wage by working for someone else. It is hard to really get ahead as an employee. Not impossible, just difficult. Then there is the "S" quadrant which is for the self employed. The self employed is mostly just a glorified employee. The biggest benefit for the self employed is that they don't have a boss they have to answer to because they are the boss. The biggest drawback to the "S" quadrant besides having to work twice as hard and wear multiple hats than the typical employee is that once your time on this earth is all said and done, so is the business you worked so hard to create. Basically you are the business. When you cease to exist, so does the business. Currently ProximityCast would be in this quadrant if it was making any money.
Then there is the "I" quadrant. I could use some people that are players in the "I" quadrant to help move ProximityCast into the "B" quadrant. I've had an interest in the "I" quadrant which is all about investing. To get into the game you have to have marbles in your bag.
Now the "B" quadrant is the business quadrant. Many in the "S" quadrant may feel they are players in the "B" quadrant, but there is a BIG difference. The "S" quadrant always requires the main player's presence where the "B" quadrant does not once the system is set up. I know ProximityCast has all the raw ingredients to become a system that can exist long after I'm gone. Whether or not I will be successful getting it there is another story. But, I press on.

Here are my weak links that impede progress as I see it.


  1. I am a solo founder.

  2. For my family's sake I choose to live in the Ozarks.

  3. I'm working on a bootstrap budget.


#1 just fell out like that. My buddy in school whom I invited couldn't grasp the vision. I'd rather fly alone than have someone on-board that is not a true believer. I'm not opposed to having another one or others come on-board if they can be true believers and bring something to the table worthwhile. That something does not have to be technical skills. Those can be hired. Business savvy, a vision, able to be a team player with a focus on developing the system that can enter and be a real player in the "B" quadrant, are things I'd consider as valuable and would welcome to the team, if they are out there.

#2 kinda just worked out like that too. It's where I found myself when the idea began to come together. From what I've learned there are better places to be in the USA if you want to establish a "B" quadrant entity. I'm not opposed to moving, but the cards have to be ready to be played. I'd even consider Singapore or Hong Kong if that proved to be the true home for ProximityCast which is viable world wide.

#3 There are several ways I can see where that could change. I looked over a "Loan Package Development for New Business" for the U.S. Small Business Administration recently. I don't believe that is going to happen. I'm a free man right now where working on ProximityCast is a labor of love. I'm free to do it or not do it. I'd shift gears, but only with a deal that will squarely put ProximityCast into the "B" quadrant as quick as possible where it could continue on with or without me. I may be wrong, but I don't think a SBA loan would do that. So, I'll be content to creep along until something else takes ProximityCast into the "B" quadrant. Or not...

No comments: